Book #2: Doomed by Tracy Deebs 


Rating: 5/5

Beat the game. Save the world.

Pandora's an average teen, glued to her cell phone and laptop, until the day her long-lost father sends her a link to a mysterious site featuring photos of her as a child. Curious, Pandora enters the site, unwittingly unleashing a global computer virus that plunges the whole world into panic: suddenly, there's no Internet. No cell phones. No traffic lights, hospitals or law enforcement. Only Pandora's Box, a virtual-reality game created by Pandora's father, remains up and running. Together with her neighbors, gorgeous stepbrothers Eli and Theo, Pandora must follow the photographs from her childhood in an attempt to beat the game and track down her father—and rescue the world. Part The Matrix, part retelling of the Pandora myth, Doomed has something for gaming fans, dystopian fans, and romance fans alike. 

          As an obsessed gamer myself, I was drawn to this book from the beginning. The plot was simply riveting! Another aspect I loved was the cover itself (I'm a sucker for pretty covers :P). 
          This book obviously deserved a 5/5. It was too good for a 4. In all honestly, I felt that the story line was plausible. The world that Tracy Deebs had created  for her readers was believable and enticing. The action just leaps off the page from the beginning of the book. It was hard to stop once I started reading. After reading Doomed, I felt the need to discover more of the world of Tracy Deebs. As a result, I ended up buying the entire Tempest series. 

Character analysis: 

Pandora- Throughout the book, I think that she has grown the most. I have a real connection with her now. Tracy Deebs had the right amount of umph  in her character Pandora. Pandora was brave at times when she needed to be and fragile/compassionate at others. Unlike most female heroine characters, she was far from annoying of snobbish. I don't really know how else to explain her. She was just the perfect fit for such a perfect book! 

Theo- Theo was more like the bad boy of the two brothers. I absolutely loved Theo! He was such an interesting character with this mysterious attitude. Theo was totally the whole package- charming, smart, rebellious. He is dark at times but also, he is compassionate and is suddenly infatuated with Pandora. Don't forget the fact that he was hot! 

Eli- Eli was a real charmer in the book. Unlike Theo, he was sweet and well, always prepared. Both Theo and Eli had a sudden interest in Pandora but in the end, only one guy can win. I am so happy to announce that yes,(SPOILER ALERT!) it was Theo. Eli was a fun character as well.

Pandora's father- He was a total menace to the human population (LOL)! I had absolutely no understanding of his reason for screwing with the world. I have nothing more to say about him! 

Please check out Tracy's amazing Tempest series. I can assure you, you will love it! 

                                                             
You may also like:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and go ahead, leave some comments! I'll answer in a jiffy.

© The Book's Buzz . Design by MangoBlogs.