Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout | Series Review

The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Amentrout: Full Review

It's been forever since I've done an actual series review. If you've ever read or seen the movie I Am Number Four, this book will strike as something familiar to you. Now I'm going to take this review real nice and slow. I want you to really get a feel of this awesome series because I totally loved it. This is now my favorite series of 2014! I did, in fact, read the novella Shadows. I would recommend reading the novella before starting the series, as there is vital information in the 5 books to come. 


Jennifer L. Armentrout has captured my heart and soul with this breathtaking series. I don’t think there are words to describe how much I love this series. I cannot wait to finally have some closure with the last book in the series, Opposition. I'm totally on edge right now from waiting for the last book to finally come out! 


BECAUSE I'M SO DARN HAPPY THAT I PICKED UP THIS SERIES. NOW... LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS! 

A lot of people have been asking me if this series was somewhat of a light series to pick up. My answer to that would be no. This series was definitely time consuming to finish, and at times I didn't even believe I would be able to finish all five books. But, nonetheless, it's a series that is worth all the time and effort. Considering how many good YA paranormal romances you find these days, this series should be a must read. 

We start off meeting Katy Swartz, a less than ordinary girl. At least that’s what she thinks. Needing directions to the nearest grocery store, she knocks on her neighbor's  door to ask for directions. From then on we meet Daemon and Dee Black. Katy is speechless when she sees Daemon for the first time, probably because of his charm and perfect chiseled face. And then he opens his mouth... there we have it, a cocky douche canoe. It’s not long until Katy finds out that her neighbors are aliens, who can manipulate light and other things. That’s basically where the relationship of this story takes flight because Damon no longer has to keep his true self hidden from Katy. But don’t be fooled! In a good love story like this one, there are always predicaments. And as predicaments, I mean love triangles. Soon after the couple faces betrayals, tragic deaths, and unexpected things that occur.

The Setting
I feel like the setting played such an important role in this paranormal romance. In a quiet city in West Virginia, you wouldn't expect to find yourself living next to aliens! The setting also tied in beautifully with the action and fight scenes in this book. I really think that it was very nicely thought out.

The Characters
I was surprised by how much I liked the characters in this book. And some were just totally swoon worthy *cough, cough* Daemon... Katy, the main female heroine, was annoying at times. I mean as much as she tried not to be a hindrance it didn't work. Secondary characters- such as Ash, Andrew, Dee, Dawson, Bethany, Matthew, and many more- were so amusing. And as they progressed and developed throughout the story, their metamorphosis was mind-blowing. Let me just lay it out right now that I ship Daemon and Katy!

The Plot
*claps slowly* I think Jennifer L. Armentrout deserves some grand applause for her outstanding and riveting plot. I mean this is what I'm talking about people! For some reason, I couldn't find the time to stop reading this series. After I finished the first book, I just had to jump into the second book... and into the third... and then the fourth... and I think you get my point now. It's actually pretty amazing how much this series seemed to entrance me.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that the Lux Series is now my all time favorite series! Thanks for sticking around for this review. But please stay because there is A LOT to come... so much to read D:





You may also like:

2 comments

  1. This is such a good series and a very enjoyable read!! It's as funny as hell too!!! I loved it! Near the last two books...So many emotions...Daemon!!!!!! !!! Nice review!!!!!
    You finished Opposition?
    You do have a very beautiful blog!! I'm a bee too now :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG thanks :D yes I'm in love with Daemon and no I have not finished Opposition D:

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and go ahead, leave some comments! I'll answer in a jiffy.

© The Book's Buzz . Design by MangoBlogs.